EACME Bristol Conference 20 - 22 September 2012.
Registration is now open!
Here's the link to register
And also the link to the details of the conference fees
Bookmarked by Editorial Team on 18 Apr 2012
The Bioethics Unit, University of Stellenbosch and the Center for Bioethics, University of North Carolina have been awarded a training grant from the Fogarty International Centre of the US National Institutes of Health (NIH) to develop the ARESA programme in southern Africa from 2011 to 2016. Each course consists of 3 two week modules and a research assignment. The first course will run from October 2011 to December 2012. Ten mid career professionals (7 from South Africa and 3 from neighbouring African countries) interested in working in the field of research ethics will be awarded scholarships to obtain a Postgraduate Diploma in Health Research Ethics.
Specific Admission Requirements:
Prospective candidates must
• have a background indicating a significant interest in bioethics or research ethics.
• have a degree in health sciences, law, social sciences or the humanities, including philosophy
• submit a letter of support from their home institution demonstrating institutional support &
explaining why the research ethics capacity-building of the applicant is important to the home
• be computer literate, have internet access and be fluent in spoken and written English.
In keeping with South African guidelines for diversity in REC membership, gender and race will be considered in selecting trainees.
Preference will be given to
• members of research ethics committees and regulatory agencies
• mature midcareer professionals who have research ethics experience
Closing date for admissions: 22 July 2011
Ms Meagan Van Ster
Secretary to Prof Keymanthri Moodley
Tel: (021) 938 9600.
Bookmarked by Dina Bogecho on 4 Jul 2011
Bookmarked by The Editorial Team on 14 Aug 2018
Short courses on the immunology of TB (September 8-12) and immunology of HIV (September 14-16) delivered by the Makerere/UVRI Infection and Immunity Research Training Programme.
Bookmarked by The Editorial Team on 9 Jun 2011
“Health Ethics: A critical dimension of WHO’s work”
Bookmarked by Dina Bogecho on 24 May 2011