This blog is closed to new posts due to inactivity. The post remains here as part of the network’s archive of useful research information. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.
As part of HIFA's Important project on Implementation Research, ongoing throughout August 2016, HIFA is asking for your experiences. Your responses will help to inform future resources on implementation research which could help other researchers, so please do share your thoughts here:
HAVE YOU USED OR APPLIED THE RESULTS OF IMPLEMENTATION RESEARCH? HOW? WHAT WERE THE BENEFITS? WHAT WERE THE CHALLENGES?
Implementation research is all about improving the delivery of treatments and services. All of us (whether we are a researcher, guideline developer, policymaker, health manager, frontline health professional, publisher, inforrmation professional...) share this broad goal 'to improve the way medical treatments and other health services are delivered in low- and middle-income countries'. One could argue that all of us have a role to play in accelerating progress towards this shared goal, whether at local, national or global level.Similarly, each of us has the potential to use or apply the results of implementation research in our work.We look forward to learn from your experience:
- Have you ever used or applied the results of implementation research in your work?
- What were the benefits?
- What were the challenges?
Please feel free also to discuss related questions such as:
- How easy (or difficult) is it to find the results of implementation research that are relevant to my needs? Are they timely, accessible and appropriately packaged?
- To what extent is the existing body of IR robust and comprehensive?
- How can new IR studies build on existing knowledge? What is the role (and challenges) of systematic reviews in helping to answer implementation research questions?
You can reply directly to the HIFA discussion groups (Dgroups which come to your email for free), or if you prefer to post them here, we will forward them for you.