Here we will post events and conferences in Global Health, across the world. If you know of any conferences that should be added, please email us on email@example.com.
You can view events in list format on this page, or in calendar format on our events calendar, here.
- May 1st: Sustainability and Innovation in Global Health Free Webinar on May 1 (4-5pm Eastern Time). For more information visit: https://globalhealthtrials.tghn.org/community/blogs/post/383/2014/04/sustainability-and-innovation-in-global-health/
- May 5th: 6th Annual Virtual International Day of the Midwife - free online 24-hour midwifery conference. This FREE ONLINE CONFERENCE starts 10AM, 5th of May, New Zealand time: http://tinyurl.com/q33yw3uand features speakers such as Frances Day-Stirk and Barbara Katz Rothman. The program runs for 24 hours and has presenters from all over the world covering a range of clinical, professional and international topics. Recordings of the sessions will be freely available after the conference. For more info: https://globalhealthtrials.tghn.org/community/blogs/post/383/2014/04/6th-annual-virtual-international-day-of-the-mi/
- May 15th The International Society for Neglected Tropical Diseases (ISNTD) will have a conference on drug discovery and development for NTDs on Thursday May 15th 2014 at the Wellcome Trust London. Topics are knowledge & technology sharing for NTDs, clinical trials, funding challenges, and among the speakers are Jeremy Farrar (Wellcome Trust), Charles Mowbray and Jean-Francois Alesandrini (DNDi), Paul Willis (MMV) and others. http://www.isntdd3.com/
- May 20th - International Clinical Trials day. Exciting events announced soon!
- June 18-20, 2014. Knowledge Management for Public Health in Low and Middle Income Countries: Introduces participants to and demystifies jargon behind Knowledge Management (KM), an intentional process that includes capturing, storing, organizing, and exchanging knowledge to better inform decision-making and to improve public health outcomes. http://www.jhsph.edu/departments/health-behavior-and-society/health-behavior-and-society-summer-institute/course-offerings.html
- June 11th, Lima, Peru. Critical Issues In Conducting Non-commercially Sponsored Clinical Research In Peru, a Global Health Trials free one-day skills sharing workshop. More information will be available soon.
- 24-26 June. 3rd Annual Clinical Trials Forum in Johannesburg. The 3rd Annual Clinical Trials Forum will take place on 24-26 June 2014 at the Protea Wanderers Hotel, Illovo, Johannesburg, titled: Identifying and countering the challenges associated with conducting clinical trials in South Africa. More information: https://globalhealthtrials.tghn.org/community/blogs/post/383/2014/04/3rd-annual-clinical-trials-forum-24-26-june-jo/
- June 30-July 2nd, Seventh EDCTP Forum in Berlin, Germany (travel awards available). For more information visit: http://www.edctp.org/Announcement.403+M56c57003cfe.0.html
- 24 - 28 July, Hong Kong
The 25th international nursing research congress. For more information, click here.
- 4&5 September, Johnnesburg, RSA
6th SACRA Clinical Trials Conference "Stepping up - raisin gthe bar in the conduct of research in RSA" For more info click here.
- 16 - 18 September, Ghana
African Conference of Quality and Compliance (ACQC) Building on the success of last year’s conference, this important event will bring together an international mix of professionals from health & research institutions, corporations, academia and regulatory agencies for lively debate and discussion.
- 25 - 27 September, Oxford (UK)
RSTMH is delighted to announce that its next Biennial Meeting 'Measuring Progress' will take place at Oxford Town Hall (St Aldate’s, Oxford, OX1 1BX) from Thursday 25 to Saturday 27 September 2014. For more information, click here.
- 13th-17th October, Nairobi. Vaccinology in Africa, a five day master's level course. Application deadline 1st June 2014. Bursaries available. For more information, visit: http://www.jenner.ac.uk/vaccinology-in-africa
- 2 November - 6 November, New Orleans, USA
63rd meeting of the American Society Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (ASTMH) 2014. For more details, click here.
- 3 November 2014, Minas Gerais, Brazil
The Brazilian Society of Protozoology http://www.sbpz.org.br/
- 30 November - 4 December, Cape Town
ASLM2014 will be a platform where the international laboratory community will share best practices, acquire knowledge, and debate innovative approaches to tackling the major health challenges posed by HIV, TB, malaria, flu, neglected tropical diseases and emerging pathogens. For more information, click here.