Ewert House, Ewert Place, Banbury Road, Summertown, Oxford
Full-time (Part-time considered)
This position will suit a social scientist with experience using a combination of quantitative and qualitative methodologies in a mixed-method approach to gather data from different stakeholders including patients, researchers and research participants. It requires someone who can design and implement online surveys, focus groups and interviews and carry out robust analysis and presentation of findings. It would be beneficial if the successful applicant had experience of online recruitment using social media and using other methodologies such as discrete choice experiments. .
It is essential that the successful applicant has carried out research with patient groups and is familiar with the issues associated with empirical research with patient populations. This position is initially for two years, with the potential to be extended depending upon future funding. We anticipate that in the longer term, the right person would become a key member of the research team and would be involved in the design and execution of the empirical research conducted within HeLEX.
This researcher will be expected to perform the following duties in this role:
- Be responsible for designing, executing and analysing research, using a combination of quantitative and qualitative methodologies carried out in conjunction with other team members.
- Prepare and publish peer-reviewed papers on these issues with other members of the team, and with international collaborators;
- Promote and disseminate the research of the project by means of publications, reports, workshops, seminars, conference presentations and other activities.
- Work unsupervised and prioritise your own workload to complete work and report to tight deadlines.
- Undertake other duties as agreed between you and the HeLEX Director.
For more information and to apply, please click HERE